SMALL BIZ INFO & RESOURCES
BLOGS TO READ DAILY*
* Don’t have time to read several dozen blogs a day? Pick two or three. Your brain will thank you for it.
Small Business Trends Radio Tuesdays, 1:00 PM Eastern U.S. time on Voice America network
Click to listen
November 1st: Torsten Jacobi, CEO of Creative Weblogging, joins host Anita Campbell. Sponsored by Six Disciplines. Show details.
Monday, November 17, 2003
Weekly SMB Market Roundup
The week ending November 14, 2003 saw the following new service and product introductions targeted toward small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs):
- Intuit released updates to its QuickBooks financial accounting software and its QuickBase information management software. The new releases include versions of QuickBooks designed specifically for certain industries--retail, professional services, manufacturing and wholesaling. The Intuit products are the epitome of products designed with small businesses in mind. The products are best-suited to companies with fewer than 250 employees. More.
- Z-Firm LLC announced the introduction of ShipRush version 3 for Windows. ShipRush offers integrated shipping functionality, enabling small and mid-size businesses to process UPS shipments without leaving programs like QuickBooks, Peachtree, ACT! or GoldMine. More.
- GiftCertificates.com announced upgrades to its website and order processing to better address the needs of small businesses providing corporate gifts and employee incentives. More.
- National City Bank launched yet another of its small business super blitzes, this time in Chicago. The super blitzes involve visits to hundreds of small businesses by teams of National City Bank executives and bankers. The purpose is to listen to the needs of small business and get the word out about National City's products and services designed for small businesses. More.